Healthy ways to boost immunity
1. Quit smoking
Cigarettes consist of toxins which attack the body system. The chemical released from cigarette smoke obstructs the immune cells in the body. One can quit smoking by proper counseling, consuming nicotine replacement products, and bringing change in behavior. Cigarette smoking harms our lung’s capacity to clear any bacteria and also destroys the tissue of lungs.
2. Eat a healthy and nutritional diet
Eating healthy food with lots of nourishment helps to boost the immune system. Avoid eating processed foods.
The following are the foods that boost immunity:
- Garlic: It has a compound called allicin which helps in boosting the immune system. It is advisable to consume 1 or 2 cloves of raw garlic daily. If you cannot eat raw garlic you can roast them.
- Foods rich in vitamin C: Vitamin C is an immunity booster. The best food items for vitamin C intake are oranges, kiwi, broccoli, bell peppers, papaya, spinach, guava, etc.
- Foods rich in vitamin E: Vitamin E acts as a strong antioxidant that helps in defeating any disease. Vitamin E is present in nuts, avocado, and seeds.
- Eat Protein: Protein is necessary to make cells and other compounds that combat viruses and bacteria. Protein-rich food struggles to discharge any infection to enter the body. Protein contains zinc which is a mineral that supports the building of white blood cells. White blood cells help to fight infection. Protein is rich in food items like eggs, beans, etc.
- Try including a rainbow in your diet: Rainbow means a variety of foods and vegetables such as mango, pumpkin, apples, grapes, broccoli, olive, banana, kiwi, cauliflower, berries, nuts, etc. The consumption of a wide range of fruits and vegetables you consume, their nutrients help in immune-boosting
3. Regular exercising
Regular exercise is a strong pillar to boost immunity. It enhances healthy heart functioning, controls blood pressure, cholesterol, and helps in weight management.
4. Weight management
If we include too much sugar or fat foods in our diet we have greater chances of getting any infection. Excess weight loss helps in reversing many of the damaging changes present in the immune cells of overweight persons. Plenty of activated immune cells are present in the body of an obese person, which creates pro-inflammatory cells known as cytokines. These cells mold the body to insulin resistance, and thud diabetes develops.
5. No consuming alcohol
Drinking alcohol gives a negative impact on health which lowers immunity. Consuming alcohol destroys your body’s capacity to fight with any disease.
6. Proper sleep
A sound sleep of 7-8 hours daily is very necessary for a body to be fit to fight against any disease. When you are sleeping, the body gets time to rectify itself to deliver toxins. This helps to feel fresh when you wake up from sleep. Sleep is important to support brain function.
7. Reduce stress levels
If you are in stress, the hormones in your body defeat the immune system. It also diminishes the capacity to fight infection.
8. Improve your lifestyle
Lifestyle can be improved by practicing meditation daily. Start by meditating for at least 10 minutes daily. Gradually increase the time. Meditation reduces heart rate, blood pressure, and anxiety levels. It also gives a calm sleep. Thinking positive is very helpful in bringing lifestyle changes. Staying active is very helpful in boosting immunity.