Dont’s for Diabetes Patient to control Sugar Levels
- Diabetic patients should not fast or skip meals. Skipping meals will lead to low blood sugar if you are taking some diabetic medicines. It is advisable to take at least three meals a day. Eating smaller portion and frequent meals help to control the blood sugar levels.
- Don’t eat items such as white bread, pastries, chips, processed foods, fried foods, jellies, fruit juices, full-fat dairy products. It increases the blood sugar level very quickly. Don’t consume processed fruits for diabetes care such as tinned fruits and fruit juices as they contain too much sugar. Avoid fried and breaded vegetables as it will increase calories, carbs, and fat to your diet. Skip consuming full-fat dairy products as diabetes increases your chances of heart disease, and the extra fat will create a problem. Don’t forget to have proteins such as beans, lentils, lean poultry, fish, and eggs.
- Don’t dehydrate yourself for diabetes patients to control sugar levels. Drinking water dilutes the blood in our bodies. This lowers the blood sugar levels in the body. So it is advisable to keep a bottle of water always with you and drink water frequently. To add taste to water a little lemon juice can be added.
- Don’t fail to do exercise daily. Regular exercise helps to reduce the excess weight and lowers the blood sugar levels. Itis advisable to do strength training twice a week with proper consultation of a certified trainer.
- Don’t consume alcohol. Alcohol raises the blood pressure and triglycerides and over-drinking weaken the heart.
- Don’t smoke for diabetes care. Smoking will create complications in medicines doses, affect the respiration organs, give load on heart and kidney. Avoiding smoking will keep you healthy and control your blood sugar levels.
- Don’t miss any medications or change any medicine without the consent of your medical practitioner.